I'm all jittery now, and I'll tell you why.
On the 24th of March, a competition will be held in Dalat International School. It's a public speaking competition and I'm representing Tenby in the Original Oratory section and the Impromptu Speech section. The Impromptu Speech is something I'm worried about. For all those who don't know, an Impromptu Speech is when you are given two topics. Your job is to pick a topic and prepare a speech about the topic in two minutes. Then you go up on stage and speak for four minutes. Scary, I know. Anyway, a few Dalat students and a teacher from Dalat came to Tenby for a workshop to prepare us for the competition. Hopefully, I'll benefit from some of the tips that were given.
Now about an even earlier event. Guys, on the 16th of March, the school is organizing a prom. I'm finally old enough to go, but I'm under pressure because of so many choices I should make. So I'm setting up a poll for you guys to have your say. The question is: What should I do on the day of a prom?
Choices:
Go with a girl (so I'm not a loner)
Go with a group of guys (so I can actually ENJOY myself)
Don't bother going (the price to show up is a hefty RM 95.00)
And lastly (but not leastly?) is football. Arsenal trashed Tottenham 5-2 last week and tomorrow they're facing Liverpool at Anfield. I predict a 2-1 win for Arsene Wenger's men. Another big match is Tottenham vs Manchester United. I predict a stale mate 0-0 draw, a carbon copy of last season's fixture.
That's all for now. Bye!
Good luck for you in the Impromptu and Oratory competition. Hope you win and do your school proud! In the meantime, why don't you practice talking about random topics. Maybe the topic " Arsenal is a terrible team"?
ReplyDeleteOh, for the prom, go with the guys so you can actually enjoy yourself : ) .
ReplyDeleteThanks for the replies!!! Except for "Arsenal is a terrible team"
ReplyDelete